less time to configure car
takes now quote process
For many years the Polish dealership network of the company have faced the problem of lack of up-to-date information about available configurations, current prices and discounts. A one central standard for offer template did not exist, therefore dealers could have generated different documents. The process was complicated, and it required a lot of time to manually find the appropriate information and check availability of configurable elements. During this process the dealers faced many different issues what motivated the company to structure the whole configuration and sales process.
Right Information suggested a solution in a form of an online car configurator integrated with CRM. Configuration process is based on available products with its versions defined by configuration rules and exceptions. There was no application or source to manage this information in the company, so the platform had to be extended by the back-end application as the one centralized point of data.
First developed then implemented Right Information’s Product Information Management (PIM) system allowed to manage:
- basic information,
- photos and technical parameters,
- common elements of car like engine, drivetrain or transmission gear,
- equipment versions composed of common elements divided into categories,
- available color range with car visualization of each type of vehicle and version,
- accessories with prices in various categories like rims, packages, body, interior etc.,
- vehicles by range, year, type and version consisting all of the above mentioned components,
- available insurance, financing and purchase methods, rules and exceptions of configuration process.
Finally, structured information and a centralized source of the data allowed to develop the car configurator. Available not only internally for dealers, but also for external users, the application helped to configure expected car and send the request for proposal for chosen dealer.
Responsively designed web application allows to quickly and easily configure a car through the web browser using different devices like PC, tablet or smartphone. Every configuration made in the system is automatically saved in the database and available to find in the dealers’ CRM by a unique number. Thanks to the application the same document can be opened in the system during the customer’s visit and let the dealer start the work. Users are assisted through the configuration which makes the process easy and efficient, even for a person who is not familiar with the company’s full offer. Not only is this a big advantage for the customers because they are able to configure the car by themselves, but also for the dealers because the sales force can quickly start working without complex training.
Our solutions have transformed internal and external sales processes from automotive brand into a completely new approach. Customers are more engaged during the process and the dealers’ sales force can work more efficiently, reducing typical mistakes. Finally, the visual aspect is much better with the common central standard for all documents.
The time has been reduced from an average 55 minutes required previously to generate an offer, down to 1-2 minutes – everyone can configure a car and print the offer just by few clicks.
The Right Information PIM system and the online car configurator have
become a central point of data and both dealers and customers always have
an access, to an updated information:
- offer generation process is now 25 times more effective,
- the sales of car accessories increased and has become an easier process,
- common standard for document templates for the whole dealership network,
- reduced number of mistakes during the configuration process,
- dealership network works on the same updated system, so they have access to current configurations, prices and discounts,
- possibility to analyze all configurations to plan cars sales strategy,
- sales process integrated with CRM as a well-designed workflow.